Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Padmanadi- yummies in Edmonton, Alberta

I have so many pictures and adventures to blog over the past two years! Let's hope this post is the start of some wonderful back-tracking.


On Father's Day, my crazy wonderful hubby, was driving around and we were deciding where to go to eat. Remember this is Father's Day, so it should be somewhere special for him, right? You know the nursery rhyme about Jack Sprat? Jack Sprat could eat no fat, his wife could eat no lean? If I just tweaked that slightly, I could make it describe my hubby and I.


How 'bout this?


The man-man could eat no plants,
his wife could eat no animals.



What? Not very catchy? I'll do better next time.


Anyway...I catch on a little before he gets there where he is going. There is a great little vegan/vegetarian restaurant called Padmanadi in our home-base that I had never been to. He chooses Father's Day to go there for brunch! Awww, yup that was pretty selfless and sweet of him.


I don't think he enjoyed the food very much, but I hope we were good company.





He ordered a side of fake meat to ease the pain. smile.





This was the meal of one of my girls.








The man and I both had a version of eggs benedict. The man had a kind of thai version and I had something that was close to original. I was very excited about this as eggs benedict was one of my favourite things before going vegan. Padmanadi's vegan version was yummy. The sauce was more tangy than creamy, but this substitution will do just fine in keeping my mind off of any cravings for non-plant based eggs benedict.
I don't get out much when at home, but I hope I won't wait too long before returning here. I would love to try their regular menu. I spied some pretty tempting stuff on there I would love to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment